Talk about Real Estate, Home Decor, and more related topics.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Style at Home’s Summer Trend Report

Yesterday was a somewhat sunny day – a nice change from the dreary weather we have been having here in the burbs of TO.  I’m ready for summer!  Aren’t you? I love decorating at this time of year – changing slipcovers, area rugs, pillows and accessories – to give the house an airier, breezy feel.

The folks over at Style at Home shared what they see as three trends for Summer decorating and I have to agree -  loving them all!

1.  Aegean blue:
decor-aegeanblue-tile


decor-aegeanblue-pillow

Aegean blue can be any number of shades of blue ranging from turquoise to indigo – the colours of the Aegean sea.    I find that I never seem to tire of the colour blue in all of its shades. 

Love the backsplash from Ravenna and the West Elm pillow above – I feel so happy just looking at them!  You can see more aegean/blue inspiration here.

2. The Kilim
english2.jpg

Although I don’t  necessarily associate kilims with summer decorating, their bold colour and graphic pattern can certainly liven up a space.  Kilims are hard wearing and therefore perfect in an entry way or just about any room in the house. It’s versatility means it can work with just about any style and aesthetic. Love how it  works with the damask print on the chair and the leopard carpet on the stairs in the above image.  You can see how it works in a High/Low story here.

3. Country Colours
country-colour-white-house  All images via Style at Home
Back in 2010, I mentioned that Style at Home had introduced a collection of paint colours with Beauti-tone paints.  They recently introduced a “Country Colours” palette and I was told by the staff at my local Home Hardware (where the paint is sold exclusively) that these are the same colours that were out before the 2010 launch but have been rebranded and brought back due to its popularity.

countrycolours

Hint: Choosing a paint colour from a well-edited collection of 50 colours like this is so easy.  They have done all the guess work for you!  You can read about the collection here and here.  I am drawn more and more to a lighter, airier palette as in the ones I chose from the fan deck above.

Happy Wednesday! I’ll be back with my Blogfest and BlogPodium posts later – so much to write so little time!  I also have some exciting news to share!
Powered by Blogger.

© You Where There Too, AllRightsReserved.

Thanks to Shenmal Fashion Club