Talk about Real Estate, Home Decor, and more related topics.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Upholstered Headboards

Happy Monday! It’s mornings like this when it’s cold out that you just want to stay in bed with a good book.
Unfortunately, my bedroom is in need of some TLC and will be redecorated next year. I still have the same wood bed that I have had for 20 years!  Without a question, my next bed will have an upholstered headboard. This post I wrote over two years ago is one of the most popular on the blog – everyone else is enamoured with headboards as am I.  I have seen so many gorgeous headboards lately, so it’s time for another round up.  (Hopefully some of these are new to you!)
Designer Barrie Benson's home.

Headboard and cushion detail. W Design Inc via House of Turquoise

Photo Gallery: 100+ Gorgeous Bedrooms | House & Home

headboard, rug

Upholstered patterned bed

striped headboard via Kerrisdale Design


Tommy Smythe.

masculine

House of Turquoise: Bedroom

House of Turquoise: Bedroom
All images via Pinterest. (You can click through to see the original source.)
So many styles to choose from! Which do you prefer? I like those with a straight top (like in the first image) so that you can hang art over it. When you hang something over a curved headboard, it never looks right. For my bedroom, I’m thinking of doing a solid teal velvet, or a yellow, stylized floral velvet or….(see, so many choices I just can’t make up my mind!)
Have a wonderful week!
If you need help creating the bedroom of your dreams (or any room for that matter), please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com.
Powered by Blogger.

© You Where There Too, AllRightsReserved.

Thanks to Shenmal Fashion Club