Talk about Real Estate, Home Decor, and more related topics.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Getting Organized…in the Home Office

Happy Monday! Was that not the most beautiful Fall weekend weather? A little shout out to Mr. Decor Happy who ran in our local half-marathon yesterday.  So proud of him and all of the other runners including an 81 year old runner who set another world record!  So inspiring!

Seeing as I was featured in print in an “Organizing” issue, thought I will share some organizing tips now and then. 

On one side of my home office is cabinetry and workspace which I blogged about here.  (It’s getting a little makeover too as I replace the desktop with stained wood.)

office-31-e-e

photo credit: Leah Kirin

And on the other side of the office is a bookcase on the wall which I installed years ago so that I could place my drafting table below it. I wasn’t really using the drafting table any more so I was on the hunt for a shelving unit to fit the space. I was looking for specific dimensions in a specific finish and it was impossible to find.

This is when having something custom made is the best solution. So I contacted Vie from Anvil Wrought Iron and we created this bookcase called the “Vanessa.”  :)

I wanted to have a place to store trays for client samples along with their files. It really is the best way to keep this organized on current projects – everything is together in one spot and I know where to quickly find it.  (I’m actually on the hunt for smaller trays (15”x15”) so I can fit three across.)

office-25 Photo credit:  Leah Kirin

I also have space to house fabric samples, and art, books etc on the top shelf. The art is from Etsy and a thrift shop of all places.

Yes, I know I have a bit of a magazine obsession – this is only a portion of it, the rest is in my family room and bedroom!

You can’t tell from the photo  but the bottom shelf is mirror and the rest is glass. (I’m going to switch the mirror shelf to the top shelf so it is more visible.) I love the aged brass finish.

The gorgeous navy paint wall colour which I absolutely love is Para’s Straight Leg P5157-75. I’m so glad I didn’t go any darker towards black as was my original intention.

Well must go, I’m inspired by all those runners I cheered on yesterday, and am off to the gym!

Have a happy week!  I’ll be back with a message from one of my sponsors mid-week, which you won’t want to miss!

Powered by Blogger.

© You Where There Too, AllRightsReserved.

Thanks to Shenmal Fashion Club