Talk about Real Estate, Home Decor, and more related topics.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Blogfest 2012 – Day 1

Well, hello stranger!

So it seems that I have been too busy learning/being inspired at Blogfest 2012 and BlogPodium this past week that I haven’t found time to blog!

But I’m back, inspired and have lots to share!

Last week was Blogfest 2012 in NYC hosted by Kravet. I attended in 2011 and you can read my posts here. It was much of the same – hearing from the EIC’s of the top magazines in the US and from top designers, attending ICFF, visiting show homes and attending parties hosted by top brands.

There were 168 bloggers mostly from the US but a few of us from Canada and a couple other countries. It sold out in a few hours and there were 100 people on a waitlist!

I actually arrived on the Sunday before Blogfest, went shopping with Christine & Christine and then met up with some other talented bloggers for bevvies at Dublin6:

DSC03881

ICFF

On Monday, we went to ICFF (International Contemporary Furniture Fair) which is similar to IDS here in Toronto but with more international representation (or so it appeared to me.)

I’ll be back with a post on textiles and wallpaper from the show as that was what I was drawn to and snapped a ton of photos of. 

A few other products/booths caught my eye:

LA lighting

I love Lindsey Adelman lighting and it was so cool to see artisans from her studio creating lighting on site.

hammeredsink

Native Trails create beautiful apron front sinks made of reclaimed copper hand-hammered by artisans – so unique and beautiful!  Here’s a better photo from their site:

JAsinks

Kohler partnered with designer and colour enthusiast Jonathan Adler to create four special edition Kohler colours available on select enameled cast iron kitchen and bathroom sinks.  The apron front sink in turquoise or navy is calling my name.

Kips Bay Decorator Show House 2012

margaretrussell

Margaret Russell, EIC of  Architectural Digest, kicked off Blogfest at the 40th Annual Kips Bay Decorator Show House.

Meeting Thom Filicia at Kips Bay was a treat.  He was such a sport when one of us said “Let’s all pile on the sofa for a photo.”  You’re not supposed to sit on the furniture at these show houses!  Also in the photo, Erica, Roslyn, Beth and Kimberly. Love all of these girls!

This is a vignette in the room Thom designed (yes we are on a first name basis.) Recognize the fabric? I used it on a custom designed ottoman which you can see at the end of this post. Interesting to see it used on drapes.  (BTW Toronto peeps – Elte carries his furniture line.)  Heather wrote about the room here if you would like to see more.

Meeting the lovely Erin from House of Turquoise (on the left) was a real pleasure as I have been reading her blog for years.

Pinned Image

via Houzz

I think this was my favourite room in the show house.  Although I don’t often advise clients to upholster a sofa in a graphic print, I couldn’t help but linger in this room and admire the sofa.  Designer Scott Sanders used a custom Scalamandre fabric.

And there was a party and after party but I won’t bore you with those photos!

I’ll be back with a recap of Days 2 and 3 later this week!

Have a great week!

Powered by Blogger.

© You Where There Too, AllRightsReserved.

Thanks to Shenmal Fashion Club