Talk about Real Estate, Home Decor, and more related topics.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Design Inspiration…Victoria Hagan

Happy September (sniff, sniff!)

One of the questions posed to me in the Style at Home interview was “If  you could shadow any designer for a day who would it be?”

There are so many brilliant designers whose careers I have followed and whose work I have studied and admired.  But I had to pick one and Victoria Hagan came to mind immediately.  She is a NY based interior designer who has been in the biz 20+ years and has been published in just about every shelter magazine. She also penned a book “Victoria Hagan: Interior Portraits.”

vh-portrait

I still have this September 2007 issue of Elle Decor (you know I’m a bit of a magazine hoarder) on my bookshelf in my home office. On the cover is the living room of a Hamptons home Hagan designed.  I love the neutral backdrop with the shots of colour and that she used a hint of mint and chartreuse even though they don’t relate to anything else in the room. Love all of the textures, the wall panelling and the livable and relaxed vibe.

ELLE DECOR September 2007 Cover
I still love this cover 5 years later.

Here are some other inspirational images from her portfolio for you to enjoy! I must admit I’m drawn to the work featured in her “Waterside” portfolio.
 Victoria Hagan 2



Victoria Hagan 4


Victoria Hagan 3


Victoria Hagan 9 
 Victoria Hagan 5








Victoria Hagan 8
All images via Victoria Hagan

What do you think? If you had to answer that question, which designer  would you choose?

Have a happy long weekend (to those in Canada and the US!)
Powered by Blogger.

© You Where There Too, AllRightsReserved.

Thanks to Shenmal Fashion Club