Talk about Real Estate, Home Decor, and more related topics.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Guest Post: Barbara's Take on "Mr. Decor Happy's Den"

Happy Wednesday and first day of August (summer, please slow down!)

 Have you been enjoying the design concepts for my hubby's room so far? I'm loving what everyone has come up with and today is no exception. Barbara is here to show us her take on the room. Welcome Barb! 

With Vanessa wanting to re-vamp her husband's den, aka "man cave" I am thrilled to give her a bit of design inspiration with my vision for the room.


A man cave to me screams leather, woods and animals. 

The whole notion of cave brings to mind a hunter-gatherer, hence I made sure that was represented by the gold resin zebra head and sheepskin rug. The wallcovering is Woods by Cole and Son, my all time favourite wallcover. One day, when we finally buy a house, it will be used somewhere. But for now it is the feature of my man cave.

My man likes to be surrounded by books, not that he reads them, but just like to "have" them. So an Expedit bookcase from Ikea is perfect to hold books, trophies and other manly accessories. And to add a bit of class, an Hermes throw, and Batavia Ikat pillow in Amethyst from Tonic Living, to add that layer of coziness to the tufted leather sofa from Horchow. 

Sources:

8: Tufted leather sofa from Horchow

Good luck with the design of the space Vanessa. Thanks for having me visit and share my moodboard!
XO Barbara

No, thank you Barbara for putting this together. There is no doubt that a man would love this room. I love the floor lamp and the Hermes blanket is on my wish list - one day! The bookcase is a great idea as Mr. DH is an avid reader. Thanks again Barbara!
Powered by Blogger.

© You Where There Too, AllRightsReserved.

Thanks to Shenmal Fashion Club