Talk about Real Estate, Home Decor, and more related topics.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Random Thoughts on a Wednesday…

Hi there! Can you believe that there are only 2 more weeks until school starts? This summer for some reason just seemed to sail by so quickly.  I have been trying to balance work and take time to enjoy this amazing weather with my daughter. (I hate the heat so this mid-2o degree C weather is just perfect!)

1) I forgot to mention that my latest ideabook for Houzz went live a couple of weeks ago.  It’s titled “Creating a Patio for the Whole Family to Enjoy” and includes some functional and fun products from my favourite retailers.  You can read it here

I just may purchase this stand alone fireplace for our new patio to extend the use of it into the Fall.

Weber - Wood Burning Fireplace - 2726 - Home Depot Canada

2) As you all know, the new Ikea catalogue is out.  I visited the store early last week to see some of the new products. I loved this chair in this houndstooth fabric and think it may work well in Mr. Decor Happy’s Den. 

Decor Happy

And speaking of chairs, did you see the wing chair on the cover of the catalogue? It is an updated version of a chair they had introduced in 1951 – so cool!  The newer version is available in November and something tells me it will be flying out the store!

via Decor Happy

And Mr. Decor Happy loved this blankie/throw I bought him as inspiration for the room. I had barely taken it out of the packaging when he wrapped himself in it! (It was really quite funny as he doesn’t usually show much interest in any of my house purchases!)   If this blanket knocked his socks off, wait until he sees the room when it is done!

 rick'sblankie

Have you heard about Ikea’s Pin to Win Contest? If you pin one of your favourite images from their Pinterest page, you can win a daily gift card until August 26th!  Go here to start pinning!

3) I tweeted last week that I have a new client that is 80 years old (she volunteered that info to me – I would never ask!)  I have had clients in their 60’s but not 80. I just think that it’s so cool that she would hire a decorator to update her home!  She saw me on a re-run of the Steven and Chris show last week and loved that I repurposed a lot of furniture by either slipcovering, reupholstering or painting.  I’ll keep you posted (her dining room may be a good Before and After!)

4) Speaking of renewing and repurposing, my sponsor Paint it Like New is a wonderful resource if you have furniture (or an entire kitchen), that needs a refresh. They also have an inventory of used furniture pieces that can be sprayed any colour you wish. Or you can purchase one of their ready-to-go upcycled pieces.

Paint it Like New

I’m off to a friend’s cottage way up on the northern Bruce Peninsula for a few days to unplug (well maybe not completely, I’ll probably be pinning and reading blogs while at the beach! )

Hope you enjoy the last few weeks of summer!

Powered by Blogger.

© You Where There Too, AllRightsReserved.

Thanks to Shenmal Fashion Club